Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blood and Roses, a book inspired coodinate


So, this past weekend I was in Los Angeles visiting family, and in my adventures I found my way to a particularly lovely bookstore. Dark Delicacies, located in Burbank, caters exclusively to horror and fantasy novels, used and new. They even have books categorized by type of monster! Needless to say, I was in heaven.  Seeing as my 158+ collection of vampire novels has felt a bit lacking lately, I was happy to pick up several new additions, including a Blood and Roses by Sharon Bainbridge.
Reading it on the flight home, I was fully expecting another historically inaccurate tawdry vampire romance (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). However, don't judge a book by it's cover! I was pleasantly surprised to find a charming Victorian romance, a mix between Pride & Prejudice and Dracula. While sticking to classic horror elements of older vampire novels, overall, it's rather lighthearted. I supposed the packaging and cliche title is a product of marketing, since it does not match the interior at all.
So, in my a state of post-good-book-euphoria, I made this little virtual coordinate based on one of the two heroines, Elaine. Auburn haired, clever, and independent, she prefers wearing jewel tones and velvet. I couldn't find any colored JSKs to my liking on polyvore, so I stuck with the classic black (she spends a good deal of the book in mourning attire anyhow).

Some of my other vampire books.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm going to have to work on my collection of vampire/faery books. XD Anyway, I love that coordinate! The heroine has good taste. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auburn haired, clever, and independent. Wow...she sounds a bit like me. ^_^

    I really like that coordinate you pulled together though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Ricee *___* I love her. My shelf is full of her work as well!

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really like some book about vempire :"3 !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...