Friday, June 17, 2011

Outfit Post: Retro Lolita

Well, my absence has been longer than intended, and for that I apologize. But the past two weeks were unexpectedly awful. My boyfriend of 5 years and I broke up (on our anniversary), then two days later, my beloved pet hedgehog Grendel died an sudden awful death, and then to top it off a friend I turned to for help tried to use my vulnerability to take advantage of me. So, I sort of quit life and spent the past few days in Michigan with my brother, pleasantly drunk and doing whatever I pleased. I danced in a river at 3 am, walked around barefoot, painted in graveyards, and lost all sense of time. It was rather nice. And now I am come back, and am trying to pull myself back together again. Part of feeling like myself is getting dressed up, so I have taken great pains in looking my best every day, and it does make me feel better.
Before all this happened, I bought Dream of Lolita's Fantastic Dolly replica in red off the EGL sales community, on a bit of a whim. It arrived right after I got back, so I decided to throw together a retro-inspired coord. I was rather pleased with how it looks, despite being out of my comfort zone! And I had an excuse to break out the red lipstick and heels.



JSK: DoL
Sweater and belt: H&M
Necklace: Handmade

I then went out and ran some errands, my outfit received a particularly enthusiastic response at Home Depot, for some reason...

10 comments:

  1. awww I hope things start to get better for you. I love your retro lolita look, I have only just discover EGL and I am looking for inspiration which you have given me, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahw, an awful lot happened in such a short time! Hope everything will play out right and you start to feel better again..

    And retro lolita looks great on you :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had such hard time, but keep your head up! You look lovely as always...first time commenting on your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry so many bad things have happened, but I'm glad you took time for yourself! I hope things improve! Your outfit is gorgeous and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to heat about all the awful things that have happened to you.

    If it's any consolation, you look great and I love red lipstick on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly sorry to hear of those awful things happening to you. Dancing in a river and painting in graveyards sounds beautiful. That outfit is wonderful, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time. Brothers are awesome when you need support and escape, aren't they? I hope things are starting to look up. A fun new outfit (and fun reactions at Home Depot) can help a tiny bit when you are down! You look totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear this had to happen to you. Hopefully things will get better from now on. Life is a bitch. So throw it a bone every now and than to keep it happy ^_~

    I've never been that much of a fan of the Fantastic Dolly print. But I like the way you coordinated it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got away to recover a bit! Hugs a millionfold.

    I totally love this dress on you. Jelly, indeed. :D I'd love the red for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooow i really like this look retro <3 :3 i liek this dress and you do coordination very very cute :3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...